The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving Infrastructure Operations issues. Will also be responsible for the effective installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of the organizations hardware, software, and services to standards. Office 365, Azure, Active Directory, SCCM, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, VMware, Backups, SQL, Citrix, Storage, Networking, and Server Room Operations.
- Provide excellent customer service. Work on tickets in your queue providing daily, detailed ticket notes, timely communication, resolution and escalation.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and network gear. Configure hardware, software, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Administer the Azure infrastructure and O365. Exchange Online, OneDrive, Azure AD, SSO, MFA, etc
- Utilize PowerShell to automate tasks and generate reports as required
- Administer and own the lifecycle management of various infrastructure tools such as Solarwinds, Veeam, HP OneView, etc
- Monitor and review usage trends within Azure to identify opportunities for right sizing and cost savings
- Administer the Citrix environment and virtualized apps.
- Administer corporate file and print services
- Work with SQL managed service providers to ensure trouble ticket and maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Adhere to system and team standards and follow installation and configuration procedures
- Create knowledgebase articles and other team documentation.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all critical hardware, software, resources, processes, and scheduled jobs
- Perform time-sensitive tasks required by internal audit to maintain SOX compliance
- Oversee and maintain the SSL certificate infrastructure and lifecycle ensuring all systems requiring SSL certificates are managed and kept up to date
- Perform monthly server patching
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation and perform responsibilities which sometimes require off-hours work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, such as engineering or computer science preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with the following:
- Troubleshooting core Infrastructure Services on an operations focused team utilizing a ticket queue
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and performance tuning Windows servers in physical, virtual, and cloud environments
- Performing systems and application monitoring, maintenance, and administrative tasks
- O365 Portal Administration
- Azure Administration
- PowerShell experience
- Network closet\data center experience, including racking\cabling gear, power and cooling.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Strong sense of urgency for resolving technical issues and mitigating customer impact.