We are looking for a creative engineer to design new products and product improvements and oversee the implementation of these designs into manufacturing. This position works closely with sales staff and customers in the development of new products, along with our naval architects, vendors, and manufacturing personnel. Our engineer must ensure all products meet requirements for ergonomics, biomechanics, and manufacturability. The position is responsible for research of composite materials, adhesives, etc. Our engineer works closely with production, overseeing operation of the CNC machine and ply cutter, generating work instructions and process check lists. Position is also responsible for creating part & assembly drawings for all new components using industry GD&T standards.
- Mechanical or Composites engineering degree
- 3-5 years of work experience.
- Experience with surface modeling [SolidWorks]. Training provided.
- Programming MasterCAM [training provided]
- Rowing Experience strongly preferred.
- Outgoing, Motivated, Good communications skills, Organized