Oversee multi-department analytical testing lab serving regional customers in southern New England. Ideal candidate will have bench experience across more than one traditional environmental lab department and led supervisors.
- Provide support, mentorship, and guidance to department Team Leads and laboratory staff.
- Directly over see and interface with Team Leads to ensure daily production is on schedule.
- Communicate any production issues to Project Management.
- Coordinate with Project Management and the lab on rush turnaround time requests and special projects.
- Assist in resolving any instrument and/or production issues identified within the laboratory.
- Manage associate’s schedules and address personnel concerns.
- Conduct personnel reviews and make recommendations for new hires.
- Spearhead the development of an incentivized cross training program within the laboratory.
- Collaborate with the Laboratory Director and the Quality Department in developing and implementing process improvements and corrective actions in the laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in environmental science, chemistry, biology, or closely related natural science with, at least, 24 college credit hours in chemistry.
- 5 years’ experience in the analysis of environmental samples. A Master’s degree may be substituted for one year of experience, and a doctorate for two years’ experience.