This role will fulfill reporting and dashboard requirements for various business units across the organization, providing them with timely information that enables them to make various quality, financial, program and policy related decisions.
- In conjunction with IT Management, data owners and business units, develop models, procedures, and protocols in concert with company goals.
- Use knowledge of SSRS, PerformancePoint and other specialized reporting tools to develop reports.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, business analysts and end users to define requirements and goals.
- Work with application development staff to coordinate the creation and management of dashboard, scorecard, reporting and analysis presentation, structures and data.
- Work with process owners and the data team to prioritize requests.
- Design data visualizations and determine the best way to present data to end users using drilldowns, tables, gauges, graphs, charts and other intuitive graphical add-ons
- Prepare and deliver reports, analytics and interactive intelligence in systems across the organization.
- Develop expertise in specifically assigned subject areas of the warehouse.
- Develop and maintain ETL and data warehousing processes and measures in assigned areas of subject expertise.
- Advise managers and stakeholders regarding appropriate, effective, and efficient use of organizational data capabilities and functions.
- Liaise with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of improved business intelligence and reporting processes.
- Coordinate post-implementation support, including end-user reviews, for modified and new data visualizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information management systems or a related field (or equivalent work experience), is required
- Minimum 3 years related work experience / Maximum 10 years of experience.
- Proven experience with report writing, dashboard development, data visualization techniques supported by technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, and data modeling.
- Proven experience with reporting tools, dashboards, scorecards, and related software and other applications.
- Considerable exposure to the operation and analysis of Microsoft SQL Server relational and OLAP database software and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Experience writing complicated yet efficient SQL for a relational database such as Microsoft SQL Server is essential.
- Working knowledge of MDX is desirable.
- Experience with SSIS and/or PerformancePoint Business Intelligence preferred.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekends to meet deadlines