A leading pharmaceutical and medical device company is seeking a junior-level supply chain specialist to join its Denver-area team as a Warehouse Supervisor.
The Warehouse Supervisor reports to the Supply Chain Manager and performs a broad scope of Supply Chain duties including but not limited to: managing the warehouse team, coordinating strategic warehouse activities, developing and updating warehouse procedures, leading continuous improvement projects, and interfacing with customer service. This position supports the Louisville, Colorado site.Y
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review processes for compliance with OSHA requirements. Perform safety and quality audits in the warehouse.
- Supervise the warehouse employees. Perform and assist Supply Chain Manager with performance reviews, recognition, discipline, and development plans for the warehouse associates.
- Coordinate training and cross training for warehouse associates on all warehouse operations.
- Assist the Warehouse Lead with resolution of all issues in receiving, staging, storing, customer order picking, and shipping as needed.
- Establish working relationships with freight forwarders, brokers, trucking firms and other shipping vendors.
- Manage inbounds and redistribution of high value inventory. Manage the material flow between the Louisville facility and third party storage location(s).
- Evaluate all hazardous material shipping. Provide required training and resources to ensure compliance to all relevant hazardous material shipping.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects related to warehouse operations. Leverage input from coworkers to create engagement and achieve buy-in on these changes when applicable. See through execution of sustainable improvements.
- Develop and update SOPs (standard operating procedures) and GAPs (general administrative procedure) related to warehouse operations.
- During planning of new product testing, aid in the development and commercialization of new products by representing warehouse operations and ensuring proper execution.
- Ensure that all equipment used in Distribution and the warehouse is in good working order. Schedule maintenance and equipment replacement/upgrades as needed.
- Assist with cycle counts and the annual full inventory count. Work with the Inventory Specialist to identify people resources, determine ideal timing, ensure safety of the counters, identify root causes of discrepancies and take action to resolve and prevent.
- Ensure storage areas (conditioned areas, coolers, freezers, flammable storage, etc) are being properly used. Contribute towards improving efficient space utilization and organization.
- Act as the first point of contact for customer service questions regarding status of shipments, expediting specific customer orders, late order resolution, etc.
- Assist with reconciling shipping discrepancies. Collaborate with Customer Service and the Warehouse Lead to ensure shipment discrepancies are resolved and accurate system adjustments are made.
- Understand how to perform and interpret warehouse transactions in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Perform warehouse operations (receiving, shipping, picking, physical movements, etc) when needed.
- Attend meetings regarding all responsibilities as needed. Manage relevant KPIs.
- Escalate outstanding issues and resource needs to management.
- Support Sales and Operating Planning (S&OP) processes.
- Perform duties in accordance with Septodont’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Comply with GMP guidelines. Observe and support all safety guidelines and regulations.
- High school education is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- APICS Certification is preferred.
- 3+ years of warehousing experience is required. Experience in a manufacturing setting, particularly with a highly regulated industry, like pharmaceutical, is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all distribution and warehousing operations is required.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, is required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred.
- Experience leading teams is preferred.
- Formal problem solving experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates professionalism and high level of ethics.
- Values continuous improvement.
- Strong organizational and complex problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.