An established and secure financial services company, is seeking a Supervisor of IT Audit. This IT Audit opportunity will lead engagements, manage complex applications and infrastructure audit, and security. The IT Audit Supervisor is a highly visible role interacting with senior management that will lead to opportunities for growth, while also maintaining a reasonable work-life balance and very low travel.
- Identify potential areas of improvement to the business in the development and/or implementation of process efficiencies, control improvements and best practices
- Develop and build the IT audit group talent pool
- Interact with all levels of the organization to gain an understanding of the IT processes and internal controls
- Summarize audit issues and deficiencies and report to senior management and the external auditors
- Strategic and tactical designs and development of Information Systems internal audit coverage by identifying technology behind business process, risks and threats to business process objectives, determining the severity of risks and ensuring effectiveness of controls.
- Assist in the annual IT risk assessment process that includes key areas of Information Technology risks, including general IT controls (security, IT operations, change management, and life cycle) as well as specific key application reviews.
- Assist in the 3 year plan strategy based on emerging risks and internal and external developments.
- Develop and maintain appropriate professional relationships with Executive Management, CIO, company personnel, external auditors and regulators
- 5+ years of IT / IT Audit experience
- CISA, CISSP, CIA and/or other related certifications are a plus
- BS required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Financial services industry experience and know how are a big plus
Strong communication and leadership skills
Joan E. Hansen, CPC