The Senior L2 Service Desk Technician is one of the escalation points for incident resolution and request fulfillment supporting internal customer base and nationwide.
- Provide excellent customer support to both our Corporate and remote internal customers.
- Track and own customer issues with end-to-end ownership through final resolution
- Proactively engage the required resources to ensure the customer expectation is exceeded in a timely manner.
- Assess and prioritize daily ticket workload aligning with Best Practice and in accordance with established SLAs
- Provide excellent data quality within all assigned tickets
- Install, configure, and support hardware and software in the environment
- Participate in the on-call after hours support rotation
- Periodically assist with special projects and emergencies, including but not limited to, regularly scheduled evening or early morning maintenance and emergency response at any time (24×7).
- Troubleshoot A/V issues in relation to high-visibility meetings and for VIPs.
- Contribute to both the IT and Customer Knowledge Base, writing concise and coherent incident description and resolution.
- Interface with vendors to coordinate hardware repair, when required. Escalate critical incidents to Service Desk Manager, as needed.
- Serve as the most senior technical resource and escalation point for the IT Support Services team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and work with other teams to identify root cause and resolution.
- Provide phone and deskside support for mobile devices (iPhone & iPad).
- Create and maintain on point documentation for all desktop solutions and troubleshooting instructions in the Knowledgebase.
- Work independently while simultaneously being a collaborative team member striving for team success.
- Follow standard operating procedures around process and documentation.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. to support remote office networking issues, POTS, Wi-Fi, VoIP, mobile devices, and end user machines as required by specific duties of the employee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent technical discipline is strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of working experience supporting 500+ Windows machines.
- 2+ years in a senior support role.
- Strong working experience with an IT Service Management tool, preferably ServiceNow.
- Cisco VoIP experience strongly desired
- SCCM knowledge considered a plus.
- Other technology areas include:
- Windows 7/10
- Onboarding/offboarding employees
- iPhone and iPad
- Web browsers
- Microsoft Outlook and O365 Suite
- Dell desktops and laptops
- Account Management
- ITIL and Best Practice experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of asset management / software licensing compliance preferred.
- Excellent customer service and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop processes and documentation.
- Strong work ethic, reliable, and collaborative. Account Management
- Ability to participate in 24×7 on-call support rotation.