Analyze current System functionality as it applies to changing Business Requirements in a Manufacturing Environment. Apply knowledge of Business, computer systems, and programming techniques to design and develop system software modifications to support Business Needs.
- Analyze Current Systems to identify differences between existing systems and user/customer requests. Recommend new application system enhancements that meet the user requirements, company goals and objectives.
- Review computer system capabilities to determine if system or program changes are possible. Recommend alternative path/process to achieve an acceptable solution when appropriate.
- Modify, test and convert existing systems, review completed projects or computer programs to ensure goals are met.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with users, functional departments to facilitate problem identification and resolution.
- Functionally test code and document applications prior to Quality Control testing
- Maintain application’s data integrity and accuracy within the database
- Provide estimates, report status of assigned tasks and actual time spent on each. Effective and productive time-management skills are required.
- Provide production application support for Aerospace businesses
- Present technical ideas and solutions to Software Development Management
- Strong Analytical skills; the ability to understand Business data and business processes in a Manufacturing Industry.
- Excellent organizational and time –management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently, in a highly collaborative environment with other Software Developers.
- Must possess strong interpersonal internal customer service skills.
- High degree of productivity and skill in testing, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate information efficiently and succinctly.
- Experience and knowledge with VMS either on VAX, Alpha or Itanium.
- Ability to code in Cobol/VAX COBOL and IBI FOCUS 4GL language. Open VMS operating system. Understanding and knowledge of RMS file structures.
- Experience debugging, documenting and software deployment