The Quality Engineer provides technical support to Quality Inspection personnel and guidance to the Inspection Supervisor as required and functions as a liaison between the Quality department and internal departments and customers.
- Performing Aerospace customer technical and quality requirements reviews
- Developing Quality Plans/FAIR formats for machining/sheet metal forming manufacturing
- Understanding of First Article Inspection (Sikorsky parts preferred).
- Interpreting Model Based Design Definitions and other engineering design input data/drawings/geometry.
- Understanding of CMM (Mitutoyo Bright A-710)
- Understanding of CMM – Faro/Romer Arm – probe.
- Mechanical Inspection using hand-held measuring instruments.
- Training inspection personnel in basic CMM operation and mechanical inspection techniques.
- Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- 8 to 10 years Quality Control/Quality Assurance Function with 3 to 5 years as a CMM Mitutoyo Bright A-710 and/or PC-DMIS based (preferred). Basic understanding of CMM programming to work with drawings.
- Previous Supervisory/Leadership role preferred.
- At least two (3) years’ experience in one of the following manufacturing industries: Aerospace (AS9100 including AS9102 First Article Inspection – preferred); Automotive (TS19649 including PPAP process); Medical Devices (ISO 13485)
- ASQ Certified Technician/Certified Quality Engineer desirable
- First Article Inspection Report Generation – mastery of FAIR/PPAP technical and quality requirements identification and report generation. Sikorsky parts preferred.
- CMM Programming/Operation – fluency in understanding and interpreting Model Based Design Definitions and other engineering design input; demonstrated proficiency in CMM programming and operation
- Inspection Techniques & Tools – Blueprint Reading; Geometric Tolerancing; utilization of: CMM, micrometers, verniers, height gauges, depth gauges, pin gauges, profilometer, visual comparator, etc. Must understand geometry and how to communicate to inspectors.
- Communication – ability to establish rapport with others; effective verbal presentation and professional presence; ability to generate succinct e-mails and informational reports
No sponsorship given. Must be U.S. Persons as defined by U.S. law, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (‘Green Card’ holders).