Responsible for the complete supply chain in terms of cost, quality and on time delivery of critical manufactured components, OEM components and MRO items.
Provides long term strategic vendor management and cost reductions.
- Works with internal stakeholders (manufacturing, engineering, quality, etc.) to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Develops secondary vendors to ensure continued success during busy times or primary vendor lack of performance.
- Continually works to reduce cost, improve quality and on time delivery.
- Works to continuously reduce cost of purchased items, while maintaining both quality and delivery.
- Assists in value engineering and manufacturing support.
- Works with vendor base to consistently deliver quality, within specification of all items purchased.
- Work with vendor and our engineering to design for success. Vendor qualifications and continuous assessment of capabilities is a must.
- Ensures on time delivery of components and purchased materials, keeping up with inventory requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 7-10 years working as a senior buyer or purchasing manager.
- Experience with working with machine shops, plating vendors, and electrical components.
- Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer a plus.
- SAP knowledge
- CPM or CPIM
- Travel up to 20% domestic and internationally
- Technically Savvy, ability to full understanding engineering drawings and interpret manufacturing requirements
- In depth understanding of manufacturing
- Dedicated and hard working
- Collaborative, ability to work cross functionally to ensure success of the department
- Excellent communicator both internally and externally.
- Exceptional organizational skill, ability to multitask