The overall role of this position will be for implementing new and maintaining current control and robotic systems for Company’s bearing manufacturing processes. Identifying opportunities to reduce cost with improved equipment and systems, supporting and troubleshooting production equipment. Improvement of existing equipment control systems, developing additional functionality to production equipment and developing/maintaining a system for tracking equipment control software.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Integration of new automation to current machining capabilities
- Add additional functionality to production equipment.
- Maintain a system for keeping track of control software.
- Solve technical problems supporting production.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is down for control and electrical system issues when needed
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or work experience in a related field
- Experience with machine controls, PLC ladder logic and Fanuc robot programming preferred.
- Ambition to drive innovation of machines in a manufacturing environment
- Attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of this position.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead manufacturing automation projects
- Technical knowledge of CNC manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of mechanical & electrical design practices
- Knowledge of process improvements in Manufacturing and data analysis
- Ability to work in a team setting