A well-established CRO in Ohio is looking to add a full-time development engineer to its team, responsible for engineering support of pilot plant infrastructure. The team would prefer candidates with 2+ years of industry experience, but they will consider recent B.S. and M.S. graduates who have a background in chemical engineering. The site primarily handles drug and agrochemical products.
- First time scale-up and/or preparations of materials in the pilot plant based on defined process chemistry
- Preparation of documentations (batch records, charge sheets, spec sheets, hazard sheets, safety review packages, air emissions, processing reports) necessary to support processing in the plant.
- Conduct safety meetings, oversee execution of processing, participate on the floor as appropriate and review executed batch records.
- External interactions include meeting with clients, vendors and contractors.
- Engineering support of pilot plant infrastructure.
- Ability to multi-task and work with supervisor to establish priorities.
- Works effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Effective time management
- Applies proficiency in engineering and chemistry gained by education and experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits good judgement, makes sound decisions, seeks guidance as appropriate
- Development trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
Prefer B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering with 2 or more years of relevant chemical development experience but will consider upcoming/recent graduates who have the right attitude and ChemE aptitude. Experience in a cGMP and commercial environment is a plus.