Aerospace machine shop looking for estimator with experience in aerospace, component design, fabrication and manufacturing.
- Understand all aspects of production such as time, materials, equipment, tool designing, manufacturing, delivery, and administrative expenses to create accurate quotes for the customer.
- Reading and interpretation of blueprints and GD&T symbols.
- Able to review drawings and estimate hours needed by department (Work Station) to complete the part.
- Source and select suppliers for materials and outsource processes and develop estimates for special processes, testing and tooling needed.
- Able to work with Purchasing and Accounting to utilize in house pricing model(s) to estimate production cost and lead times.
- Able to assist with and plan Multi Year Bids (MY).
- Manufacturing Engineering degree or equivalent experience needed.
- Strong understanding of processing requirements for the aerospace industry.
- Machining and/or sheet metal experience a plus.
- Strong excel skills needed.
- The ability to use 3D software to view solid model data and drawings. Solidworks and Catia are preferred.