A world class provider of high-end multi-axis motion control systems for motion centric applications. The core competencies include servo algorithm development, real-time operating system development, advanced electronics design (FPGA, DSP, power electronics), Windows based user interface software design, and support and development services for demanding motion control applications.
A high precision manufacturer of motion controllers & drives used for high accuracy motion control is looking for a Regional Sales Manager with experience in technical OEM motion control product/solution sales and business development to win motion control design projects with high-tech industrial equipment manufacturers in fields such as Semiconductor Manufacturing, Laser Microprocessing, Biosciences, and more. You will work closely with an application engineer and will be supported by other sales and application engineering colleagues in the USA and in Europe.
In this role, you will focus on hunting for new opportunities, coordinating company resources to convert opportunities into design wins, determining and executing sales and marketing strategies, managing relationships with key accounts and channel partners, and ultimately increasing business in the territory to meet or exceed growth goals.
What we need from you:
- US Citizenship, Green Card, or existing H1B Visa status (ability to travel to Europe)
- A passion for sales, business development, and entrepreneurship. Certification of professional sales training such as Miller Heimann preferred.
- Enjoys travel – majority of time spent in Northeast (MA, NY, CT, ME), up to 25% overnight travel to the rest of Eastern USA, quarterly trips to HQ office in the Midwest, annual trips to the global HQ office in Europe.
- B2B negotiation skills and experience
- A strong interest in high precision motion control and associated technologies
- Technical skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in motion control related engineering field (Electrical, Controls, Mechatronics) AND/OR industrial OEM automation / motion control sales experience. Additional MBA or business related degree preferred.
- A basic understanding of high precision closed loop motion control systems and their components/technologies: motion controllers, servo drives, servomotors (traditional rotary as well as direct drive / linear), encoders, bearings, feedback / PID control, real time motion programs, PC based host programs.
- Ability to prepare complex solution proposals