Reporting to the Billing Manager, the Billing Analyst is responsible for reviewing, ensuring accuracy, and posting client billing in the Firm’s financial software. The Billing Analyst will also perform special assignments as directed by the Billing Manager.
- Participate and assist with Month Beginning and Month End responsibilities which include reviewing administrative time entries for accuracy, creation and distribution of prebills (proformas), and various monthly balancing reports.
- Review client billing for accuracy and compliance with Firm policy prior to posting. Review e-billed invoices prior to electronic submission.
- Seek CFO approval for WIP write downs that exceed threshold as needed.
- Run daily report (GLED08) to ensure sub ledgers and general ledger are in balance.
- Assist attorneys and support staff as needed to respond to inquiries relating to bills and client charges. Includes being the Gatekeeper of the Client – Billing Inbox (e.g. requests received to split time entries, recalculating time due to rate changes). Prepare ad hoc invoices when required.
- Prepare Client Audit Requests as needed.
- Work effectively with all members of the Firm to achieve common goals and positive results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ of experience in accounting in positions of increasing responsibility. Law firm or other professional services billing experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in time and billing software (CMS), EIS, Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Ability to work independently and perform well under pressure, multi task daily, and meet all deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with clients, Firm staff and attorneys.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and demonstrate accuracy on work performed.
- Adapt well to change and new ideas. Willing to take on new responsibilities; take initiative to improve areas of weakness and build on current skills.
- Able to thrive in a continuous learning environment.
Phone: 86-278-5840 ext 237