My client is looking to fill an Architect position that will support other staff in the execution of various architect projects including but not limited to public works projects, coastal projects and industrial projects. The successful candidate shall have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Generate preliminary site plans from criteria provided by the Owner that respond to the topography, survey and legal description, and local jurisdiction development standards.
- Coordinate with outside consultants including but not limited to, local architects, building departments, fire department, engineers, and surveyors.
- Produce and review scopes of work and request for proposals for consultants.
- Monitor work performed by outside consultants to assure timely completion of all work performed.
- Read and analyze all local and state zoning codes. Produce a summary memo on findings for Owner, Development Manager, and Supervisor.
- Produce construction drawings in a timely manner and in accordance with project schedules.
- Review all consultants’ drawings for accuracy prior to distribution to other companies and/or submission to permitting or approval authorities.
- Promote teamwork with co-workers as well as outside consultants and entities to achieve timely completion of all work in accordance with Project schedules.
- Visit project sites on a regular basis to observe the progress of construction and prepare reports of site visits including relevant photographs.
- Support the construction process by timely response to RFI’s, review of submittals, processing approved change orders, and monthly draw requests.
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- 5-10 years of experience as a practicing architect
- Experience in project design, construction documentation production and construction materials
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Ability to work in project teams and with clients collaboratively
- Ability to work on fast paced projects and meet project deadlines
- Valid driver’s license