The primary responsibility of the person in this position will be to assist and support existing and potential customers in the selection, application and commissioning of the proper precision gearing products that deliver the optimum solution for the customer’s machine and process applications. To further leverage their product knowledge, this individual will organize, create and provide the information, tools and training necessary for the effective sales and support of company products in the market.
- Provide answers to technical questions from distributors, OEMs and end users, as well as company sales, customer service and other department personnel concerning the proper and optimum sizing and selection of the full range of gearing products offered by company.
- Analyze customer requirements, then develop and write formal technical specifications and proposals for the application and integration of the optimum products to meet their needs.
- Prepare formal presentation material and assist in giving product demonstrations and presentations at customer sites, trade show exhibitions and on-site at our facility when customers visit. Occasionally travel on joint-calls with or without sales force to facilitate sales or post-sales cycle.
3-5 years’ experience with any of the following: Gearbox, Servomotor, Linear Actuator, motion control, mechatronics, power transmission experience preferred.
Prefers either a BSME or BSEE
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering documents, schematics, diagrams, electrical circuits and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as calculus, differential equations, analytic geometry, trigonometry, and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, 3D Modeling Software, enterprise resource planning software, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software. Willingness to learn proprietary sizing and selection software programs provided by outside parties.