The Product Owner leading this effort will represent the customer to the Agile team and focus on delivering products that improve customer satisfaction. In this role, you will work closely with the owner of the business to design the future platform, recruit the Agile development team from the ground up, and coach the team to bring the new product to market.
We are seeking a hands-on, data-driven, and customer-obsessed Product Owner comfortable leading both directly and through influence in an agile development environment. On a given day you might meet with customers, manage technical tradeoffs with the development team, and review the latest customer feedback on a prototype with the user experience designer. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable formulating high-level strategy and achieving operational excellence.
- Responsible for articulating and translating the overall vision into strategy and tactics
- Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP). Owns product backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement)
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating and gaining alignment around product strategy.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the “voice of the customer.”
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Leads problem resolution as needed to ensure that internal and external customers receive prompt, efficient service.
- Communicates the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members. Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Owns the prioritization and sequencing of the backlog
- Keeps the backlog organized, manageable and actionable
This role might be for you if you have:
- Experience in warehouse and e-commerce inventory management operations
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management as typically acquired through a Bachelors’ degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.) Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or possess an equivalent combination of applicable education, training, and industry-related work experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in business in B2B software development. Master’s degree preferred.
- Able to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate stakeholders on business vision and plan and the impact of change.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis.
- Able to influence a diverse group of stakeholders –strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress.
- Experience in information design and user scenarios is a plus
- Experience in Analytics is a plus
- Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.